Monday, March 5, 2012

Dear Heather Anne,

So I realized I haven't blogged in a long time. I have been inspired by my wonderful girlfriend to start again. Today it is her birthday and one of gifts I want to give to her is this blog entry.

Heather Anne so many things have happened in my life since my last blog entry. I really should have kept up with it. I have moved into a house that is themed after my favorite childhood book series. I have lost friends due many things. Some have moved away. Some have died. For some it was healthier to say goodbye for good. For some it was a lack of effort and we just drifted away. I have deepened some of my relationships and they have shown my love and grace that I could have never imagined. Also in the last couple years I gained new friends and one in particular that especially thankful for.

Two years ago our paths flowed into a crazy place called Multnomah Bible college. For two years we lived separate lives in a tiny bubble. We talked a few times, and I am sure I hugged you at least once because I hug ever one. However I did not know you. You were busy with a church plant and being an RA. I found a church called the well. It took a few years but you showed up one sunday. Later you showed up at small group. At the burnside table, things started to change. I am so glad that you decide to come. At this small group I got to know the most wonderful women. I have known since a cold wet October evening after small group that I wanted to share my life with you and you made me the happiest man on the planet when I found out that you wanted to share life with me a few months later. I would have never expected it a few years ago, but I am glad that I realize it now. I know I have told you all these things before but a little birdy told me that words are not nearly has real unless they are written down some where.

Heather you are such a beautiful person and I am blessed to know you. Happy Birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment